Want to start your online printing business with Printify?
If yes, then this article is for you.
But before making any decision, you need to answer one important question. Which of Printify’s pricing plans best suits your needs?
Today, we’ll walk you through the features offered by each program so you can decide which one best suits your needs.
Without further ado, let’s jump into it.
What is the best Printify pricing plan for me?
Printify is a company that can connect your print shop with different suppliers.
If you want to use Printify as your print-on-demand provider, you need to pay between $0 and $29 per month (excluding the Enterprise plan), according to Printify’s pricing plans.
If you’re not sure which plan to choose, here’s a summary of each:
- Printify ($0 per month). Perfect for starting a brand new print shop. Printify’s free plan offers all the features you need to get started, and you can always upgrade later if needed.
- Printify Premium ($29 per month). Use this plan if you make 10 to 20 sales per month through your print store. You’ll get your monthly fee back in savings thanks to product price discounts of up to 20%.
- Printify Enterprise (Customs Pricing). Printify Enterprise is for you if you produce more than 10,000 per day.
Performing actions. If you’re ready to get started, you can find more information about pricing plans on Printify’s website or read our Printify review here.
If you’re still unsure about the pricing plans, keep reading and we’ll explain each one in detail.
What do you get for each of Printify’s pricing plans?
Let’s take a closer look at the features included in each of Printify’s pricing plans.
At its most basic, Printify is an intermediary between you and one of their many print partners.
This means that Printify has no physical printing equipment. Instead, they outsource all those tasks to others.
After Printful, Printify is the second largest provider of print-on-demand products. You can read our comparison article between Printify and Printful here.
For anyone starting a print-on-demand store, Printify offers a pricing plan that lets you get started for free (no monthly fees).
But what does it involve? Let’s take a quick look at the main features.
- 800+ products to choose from. Enjoy the opportunity to sell a wide variety of products in your POD store. Printify offers products such as apparel, greeting cards, phone cases and much more.
- Wide selection of print suppliers. The reason why Printify can offer such a wide product catalog is its cooperation with print suppliers all over the world.
- Integrate with nine e-commerce platforms. Seamlessly integrate your online store with popular e-commerce platforms like Shopify, Etsy, WooCommerce and more.
- Relatively affordable products. Printify has found itself in a favorable price war with the competition, forcing them to offer relatively affordable products.
- Global print suppliers. Printify’s print suppliers are located all over the world, including countries like the US, Canada, Germany, China, and more.
- Up to five stores. Printify’s free plan allows you to manage up to five print shops on one account.
- Mockup generator. Unleash your creativity with Printify’s user-friendly template generator.
- 24/7 support. If you encounter any problems, Printify’s support team will be there to help you 24/7.
Overall, Printify’s free plan definitely offers all the features you need to start a successful print-on-demand store.
So why do you need more?
To find the answer, let’s check out the Printify Premium pricing plan.
Printify Premium is Printify’s paid pricing plan for $29 per month or $24.99 per month if you pay annually.
As Printify describes it, it’s designed for “merchants with growing sales.”
And that’s a great way to describe what this pricing plan is for.
With the premium plan, you get all the features of Printify’s free plan, including the following:
Instead of paying $9.61 per tee, Printify Premium brings it down to $7.68.
That’s 20% off (or $1.93).
Considering the Premium plan costs $29 a month, you’d need to sell about 15 teas to break even.
That’s just one tee every other day.
In summary, if you’re running a print-on-demand story that’s driving some sales, we’d definitely recommend upgrading to the Premium plan. If you can use it to save money, it’s a no-brainer.
If you have created a print shop that generates more than 10,000 orders per day, first of all we want to congratulate you on your huge success.
And secondly, you should look into Printify’s enterprise pricing plan.
Printify Enterprise uses custom pricing based on your business needs. It allows you to manage unlimited stores and is designed for merchants with 10k+ orders per day.
Here’s an overview of the features that Printify Enterprise adds on top of the Premium plan:
- Early access to new features. Whenever a new feature is about to be released on Printify, merchants on the Enterprise plan get access to it first.
- Custom API integration. If needed, the Printify team will create a custom API integration for you.
- Dedicated account manager. An account manager can help you with one-on-one advice, data-driven intelligence, and personalized coaching. Whitelabel support to your end customers is also possible by signing an additional service level agreement.
- Database of experts. You can outsource tasks like digital marketing, graphic design, content creation, and website development to Printify’s certified experts.
- Initial installation and transfer support. Printify will help you complete your initial setup or transfer your products from other print platforms on demand.
If you want to know more about Printify Enterprise, check out the Printify website here.
Printify free trial. overview of all features
If you’re building a print shop on a budget, you might want to consider using Printify for free.
The good news is that yes, you can use Printify for free.
Printify offers a free pricing plan that you can use to start selling print-on-demand products with no monthly fees.
If you are interested in the Premium plan, you will have to pay a monthly fee as Printify does not offer a free trial for this.
Here’s an overview of all Printify’s free trial features:
|Printify pricing plan||Print (free)||Printify Premium||Printify Enterprise:|
|A free trial is available.||yes||No||No|
|Free trial duration||Unlimited||N/A||N/A|
If you subscribe to Printify Premium, you can downgrade to the free plan at any time.
However, remember to subscribe before the renewal date to avoid being charged for the next month, as the Printify Premium plan is non-refundable.
Why should you use Printify?
You now know a little more about Printify’s pricing plans, but what are some reasons why you might need Printify for your print-on-demand (POD) store?
Well, as a POD store owner, you sell items that you don’t have in stock. When a customer places an order, you send it to your supplier, who then manufactures and ships the product(s) directly to your customer.
Some of the tasks you will encounter when doing print on demand include:
- Finding products to sell from POD suppliers.
- Creating a design for the products you will display in your store.
- Uploading these products to your store.
- Purchasing goods from your supplier to fulfill your customer’s order (order fulfillment).
- Updating tracking numbers and order statuses for your orders.
And guess what?
These are all things that a company like Printify can automate or make much easier.
There are several POD providers, but Printify is a great choice if:
- You want access to a selection of over 800 products and can choose which print supplier to work with.
- You prefer lower product prices in exchange for slightly lower print quality.
A great alternative to Printify is Printful. You can read our comparison article between Printify and Printful here.
FAQ about Printify pricing plans
If you’re not sure which Printify pricing plan is right for you, you may have some questions that we haven’t answered yet. So, take a look at these FAQs below.
Do you have to pay monthly to be on Printify?
There is no monthly fee to use Printify. Printify has a free pricing plan that allows you to start selling print-on-demand without a monthly fee.
Does Printify have fees?
Printify’s free plan doesn’t have any fees. You will only pay for the products you purchase and their shipping costs.
How much does it cost to print a t-shirt on Printify?
It costs between $5 and $20 to print a t-shirt on Printify, depending on the printing facility and the t-shirt brand. With Printify Premium, you can get up to 20% discount on the product price.
Related pricing plan guidelines
Still unsure about using Printify? Or are you wondering what other companies are out there for your online business?
We’ve got you covered! Check out the lists below to find more great companies:
Before we jump to the conclusion, we’ve created a quick summary of this article for you so you can easily remember it:
- Printify’s free plan is perfect for anyone using Printify for the first time. It offers all the features you need to start selling, and you can always upgrade to Premium later.
- Printify Premium is a worthwhile upgrade if you run a print-on-demand store that generates about 10 to 20 sales per month. Premium gives you up to 20% discount on product prices.
- Printify Enterprise is for you if you create more than 10,000 orders per day.
Congratulations, you are now a Printify Pricing Plans Expert!
This article should provide all the information you may need to choose the pricing plan that works best for you.
If you have any further questions, please ask them in the comments section below.
Finally, if you’ve decided that Printify isn’t for you, here are some great alternatives.
Want to learn more about POD?
Ready to take your print shop to the next level? Check out the articles below:
Also, don’t forget to check out our in-depth how to start a print-on-demand business guide here.