What is the Amazon Small Business Program? What are the benefits of selling under this Program?
Is it time to get a PDF file of the blog in your mail?
You don’t become a brand overnight, but you certainly need equal opportunities to grow and grow your business. Amazon’s Small Business Program serves this purpose perfectly. Amazon is one of the best e-commerce platforms that allows small and medium businesses to get equal opportunities to sell and make profits. If you’re new to selling on Amazon or thinking about getting started, this blog is definitely for YOU. You’ll learn about the Amazon Small Business Program, its benefits, how to add your business to the program, and how you can qualify for an Amazon Small Business Badge.
Let’s get started right away.
What is the Amazon Small Business Program?
Amazon’s Small Business Program is designed to serve retailers regardless of region, gender, race, or business size. Committed to helping and empowering small and medium-sized businesses, which form the backbone of most of the world’s economies, especially those in the US, UK and India, Amazon is investing heavily. By investing in logistics, software, tools and other services, Amazon works comprehensively for businesses of all sizes.
Focusing on 4 Pirmary Small Business programs: supporting small businesses, meeting business owners, exploring our black business accelerators, and building your business on Amazon, the giant gave full scope to various business ideas and visions.
Your next question might be about what Amazon means by Small Business. Here’s what they say about what they consider a small business.
What does “Small Business” mean on Amazon?
Amazon follows Gartner’s definition of “Small Business,” which considers a business “small” if it has fewer than 100 employees and less than $50 million in annual revenue.
However, Amazon aims to make the business big enough to become a brand. The program includes businesses primarily involved in the arts, cottage industries and businesses that require home decoration, fine creativity and handwork.
What is the benefit of the Small Business Program?
Amazon began helping small and medium-sized businesses in 2000, and since then, it has designed and introduced policies that allow small businesses to scale and grow.
Talking at length about the innovations and features of Amazon Accelerate 2022, the e-commerce giant has provided improved product visibility, audience engagement, analytics and reporting. So much so that Amazon even hosts a one-day event called Amazon Small Business Day for small business owners to showcase and sell their products at huge discounts to aesthetically promising sellers (more on that later in the blog).
Did you know that SMB products account for approximately 60% of all units sold on Amazon?
In addition, registering for the program helps you to be identified in search lists by future customers. How: Once you are eligible to enter the program and apply for the Small Business Badge, your listings will automatically be displayed with the Small Business Badge. This badge contains a link that directs customers to your product listing page.
You can see the image below.
Not only that, but these products can earn Best Seller and Amazon’s Choice Badge over a period of time for improved visibility and more sales.
Sounds exciting. Well, signing up for the program is just as easy, however, all you need to do is meet some eligibility criteria.
How do I get my small business token on Amazon?
The process is simple. You should contact the Seller Partner Support and assist them by providing the following information:
- Business brand and company name
- Business ID:
- Seller ID:
Please wait for the next 10 working days for further confirmation or information from the team.
Last but not least, Amazon’s Small Business Program hosts a one-day Small Business Day event; let’s see what it is about.
What is Amazon Small Business Day?
Amazon’s Small Business Day is held every year around July, where sellers showcase their deals, unique selections, and special offers to customers on Amazon. In
To learn more about the eligibility criteria for the event, click on the link HERE. However, to ensure good sales and profit during the day, take care of the following:
- Place your stock in fulfillment centers near your customers to ensure timely delivery.
- Run sponsored campaigns to get instant search visibility.
- Competitively priced to win a BuyBox that multiplies CTR and conversion rates.
- Make sure your items are in stock to avoid getting caught out during the sale.
How can CedCommerce help you?
If you sell on Amazon or want to sell on Amazon and are looking for a trusted integration partner with great integration features, your search is over. CedCommerce’s Shopify-Amazon sales channel app empowers merchants selling in multiple countries with unique features on Amazon. The app has won the trust of thousands of sellers worldwide by empowering them with an automated fulfillment system, real-time inventory, order updates and the ease of seamlessly connecting multiple accounts.
Our feature set, as highlighted below, has enabled merchants to experience an accelerated and profitable business journey.
6 Outstanding Omnichannel Sales Solutions
- Support for multiple accounts. Stop navigating between different vendor accounts. Manage Amazon accounts per country from one central location. You can use the app to manage your account sales, inventory and shipping.
- Order control. Manage every Amazon order from your store and through FBA. Orders can be retrieved, created in your store, and updated with their shipping status on Amazon.
- Inventory control. By entering a predefined value for inventory levels, the Inventory Threshold option allows you to make your inventory more useful. It supports you by keeping you from running out of stock.
- Bulk product upload. Bulk uploading and importing of products is easily done using the application’s API architecture. Select the items you want to submit to Amazon based on a variety of criteria.
- Live Listing. Monitor Amazon products that are listed. Change the attributes and features of each product like variations, sizes, colors, etc. from the app itself. No more switching between apps and Amazon accounts.
- Promote your handmade products. Create a catalog of your handmade products and sell them on Amazon.com in 14 categories. You can also manage orders and inventory for handmade products already listed on Amazon.
Additionally, our dedicated customer support is available 24/7 to help you out with any technical glitch or issue you may be facing.
Here we come to the end of the blog. Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.