Call service includes managing incoming and outgoing phone calls for a business or organization. Providing effective call handling services can help online businesses build trust with customers, improve customer satisfaction and increase sales. In this post, let’s check what call processing is and why it is necessary for your online store.
What is call processing?
Call handling manages incoming and outgoing telephone calls in a business or organization. It includes a variety of tasks such as answering customer inquiries, taking orders, providing customer support, and resolving customer issues.
Get started now to grow your online business with the best AliExpress Dropshipping tool, DSers.
TRY FREE NOW!
Call handling can be handled by automated systems, live operators, or a combination. The primary objective of call handling is to provide superior customer service and improve customer satisfaction. Effective call handling can help businesses build customer trust, increase sales and improve their reputation.
How does call processing work?
Call handling is a complex process that involves several steps, from call routing to call handling and reporting. The specific process may vary depending on the company, the industry, and the goals of the call handling system. However, here is an overview of how call processing works:
- Call routingWhen a customer calls a company, the call is routed to a call routing system that handles incoming calls.
- Selection of an agentThe call handling system selects the best agent based on criteria when referring a caller to a specific department or agent.
- Call serviceWhen a caller connects to an agent, the agent can begin handling the call. This may include answering questions, providing support or assistance, and addressing any customer-related questions or concerns.
- Call recordingSome call handling systems record training and quality assurance calls.
- Call reportCall processing data can generate reports that provide insight into a company’s call processing performance.
Types of call service for an online store
Online stores can use several types of call handling to manage their customer inquiries, support requests, and other phone-related tasks. Here are the most common types of call service for online stores:
- Incoming callsInbound calls come to the business from customers or clients. This type of call handling involves answering incoming calls and providing assistance, support or information to the caller.
- Outgoing callsOutbound calls are calls that a company makes to its customers or clients. This type of call processing is often used for follow-up calls, marketing campaigns or to provide updates or notifications.
- Automated call handlingAutomated call handling involves using a computer system to manage incoming calls. This can include features such as interactive voice response (IVR) systems that allow callers to interact with a computer system to route their call to the appropriate department or person.
- Call forwardingWith call forwarding, calls are redirected from one phone number to another. Online stores can use call forwarding to divert calls from their business line to a mobile phone or remote call center.
- Direct call serviceDirect call handling involves direct handling of incoming calls by a customer service representative or agent. This is often used for more complex issues or when personal contact is needed to address a customer’s concerns.
You need call support for your online store
Call support can be valuable for any business, including online stores. Call support services can help companies build customer trust, improve customer satisfaction and increase sales. Here are some reasons why call support may be necessary for your online store:
- Improved customer experience. Customers expect a high level of customer service, and personal contact over the phone can provide a more satisfying experience than communicating exclusively via email or chat. Call support allows customers to speak with a representative, get immediate help and resolve their issues faster.
- Increase in sales. When customers can speak to a physical person on the phone, they can ask questions, clarify their concerns or doubts, and get more information about a product or service, which can increase their confidence in making a purchase.
- Better solutions. Some issues may be difficult to resolve via email or chat alone. Call support can have a more personal touch and enable customers to explain their problems in more detail. This can help representatives better understand the customer’s concern and provide a more targeted solution.
- Competitive advantage. Offering call support services can differentiate your online store from competitors that only offer online support. Having a phone number on your website can make it easy for customers to contact you and give a sense of trust by making your online store stand out.
- Increasing confidence. Providing call handling services can help build customer confidence by increasing customer loyalty and retention. Customers are more likely to return to an online store they trust and have a positive experience with.
Therefore, it can be said that call management is a valuable tool for online stores. Offering call handling services can help your online store stand out from the competition and can help build a positive reputation for your brand.
10 best practices for handling calls
Call handling is an important part of customer service. How you handle a call can make or break a customer’s experience with your business. How you communicate with the caller, your knowledge of your product or service, and your ability to address their concerns can affect the caller’s perception of your business.
Therefore, it is critical to have best practices in place to ensure that your customer service representatives handle calls effectively and efficiently.
The first best practice for handling calls is to answer quickly. When a customer calls, they expect someone to pick up the phone within a few rings. Long hold times can be frustrating and cause a caller to lose confidence in your business. Answering the phone promptly shows that you respect the caller’s time and are willing to help with their needs.
Use professional greetings
The second best practice is to use a professional greeting when answering the phone. This means answering the phone with a polite greeting, introducing yourself and your company, and asking how you can help the caller. A professional greeting sets the tone for the conversation and shows that you are there to help the caller with their needs.
A third best practice is active listening. Active listening means giving the caller your full attention, listening carefully to their needs and concerns, and responding appropriately. Active listening helps you understand the caller’s needs and ensures that you provide an appropriate solution to their problem.
Speak clearly and professionally
The fourth best practice is to speak clearly and professionally. It is important to communicate clearly and with appropriate volume and to use correct grammar and appropriate language. Speaking professionally helps build trust and confidence in your business.
The fifth best practice is to show empathy for the caller’s situation. When a customer calls with a problem or concern, it’s very important to acknowledge their situation and show that you understand their concerns. This helps build rapport and can ease the tension of the conversation.
The sixth best practice is to provide accurate and relevant information to the caller. It is important to have a good knowledge of your product or service and be able to answer any questions the caller may have. Providing accurate and relevant information helps the caller make an informed decision and ensures they are satisfied with your solution.
The seventh best practice is to take notes during the call. Taking notes helps make sure you don’t forget any important details and can keep track of any issues that need to be addressed. Taking notes also helps show the caller that you take their concerns seriously and are willing to find a solution.
Solve the Question
The eighth best practice is to resolve the caller’s problem during the call. If possible, try to resolve the caller’s concern or problem during the call. This shows the caller that you are committed to finding a solution and helps build trust and confidence in your business.
The ninth best practice is to follow up with the caller after the call. If you can’t solve the caller’s problem during the call, you need to follow up with them to make sure their needs are being met. Following up also shows the caller that you are committed to excellent customer service and care about their satisfaction.
End the call in a professional manner
The tenth best practice is to end the call professionally. This means thanking the caller for their time, choosing your business, and wishing them a good day. Ending the call professionally helps make a positive impression and shows that you value the caller’s time and business.
Bonus tips for effective call handling
Apart from the practices that you should consider when providing a call support service, some tips will be valuable for your online business to improve the call support service.
Organize training for your team on both call handling and products
Staff under stress will not be able to handle difficult callers and customer objections. The training will help prepare them for difficult situations so that a polite response when dealing with an angry caller comes naturally.
Review call statistics
You can get strong indications of how your call handling teams are performing by looking at call volumes and volume trends, service levels achieved from abandon rates, how many calls there are, where they come from, and pick-up times. Based on this information, you can decide if they are overworked, overextended, or too beautiful.
Prepare a script
Develop a call handling script that all managers should use for the most typical requests. You can always write a script to start and end calls in a way that enhances the caller experience using just the most common questions. The consumer will be happy and feel good if the script carefully summarizes the result of the call at the end.
In conclusion: call service is the most important aspect of online business. If you are an online business owner, it is advisable to invest in call handling practices.
By following the best practices outlined in this article, companies can ensure that their customer service representatives are trained to handle calls efficiently and effectively. Discover more useful online business tips on the DSers blog.