Manchester City host Arsenal at the Etihad Stadium in a must-win battle for this season’s Premier League title.
A win would see Manchester City cut their deficit in the title race to two points, while Arsenal could go eight points clear with a win.
Manchester City have no fresh injury concerns after their FA Cup semi-final win over Sheffield United this season.
Nathan Ake (hamstring) remains out.
Arsenal could bring back Granit Xhaka after illness forced him to miss the 3-3 draw with Southampton.
Takehiro Tomiyasu, Mohamed Elneny (both knee) and William Saliba (back) remain sidelined.
When is the start?
Manchester City host Arsenal at the Etihad Stadium on Wednesday 26 April at 8pm, live on BT Sport 1 UK.
- Manchester City are unbeaten in their last 14 Premier League matches against Arsenal (12, no 2).
- Arsenal have won their last seven league meetings with Manchester City (1, L6).
- Manchester City have scored 9 goals in their last three league meetings with Arsenal at home without conceding (W3).
- Pep Guardiola’s Citizens have conceded in three of their last four home matches (W4), with the only exception being a 2-0 win against Newcastle in March 2023.
- Gabriel Jesus has scored four goals in three of his last four games for Arsenal but failed to find the back of the net in last weekend’s 3-3 draw at home to Southampton.
Despite comfortably dominating Sheffield United at Wembley, I don’t think Manchester City were entirely convincing, with the quality of several players lacking in their final product, apart from Riyad Mahrez, who was superior to his teammates in all areas.
Although Pep Guardiola will need to be boosted by the return of Ederson in goal plus Ruben Diaz and Kevin De Bruyne in defense and midfield respectively, especially after City almost conceded twice in the first seven minutes due to slow defending from the Blades. from brave attacks.
Arsenal, meanwhile, will need to bounce back and treat it like a cup final, as a win will take them eight points and the fate of the title in their hands, but they must first eradicate the defensive errors that have crept into their defense as the reverse in case their attack is not yet. as dangerous.
Mikel Arteta’s Gunners, though, have a poor record against City in recent seasons, so it’s a big question whether they want to put the pressure on City, who are seasoned chasers after having to chase the title in the final weeks of previous seasons. :
A goalless draw would still be a surprise as both teams have plenty of goals, but if Arsenal can sort out their defense I think they can get a draw if they can shut down Erling Holland with solid marks. to isolate him up front.
Prediction: Manchester City 2-2 Arsenal