A new game update has been released for The Witcher 3 Update 4.020. Find all the latest information from the gaming world, such as bug fixes, improvements, and tab notes, below. The Witcher 3 Update 4.020 is now available for download for all platforms including PS4, PS5, shoppingmode Xbox One, shoppingmode Xbox Series S/X and PC. File size may vary by platform.
- Improved CPU core usage in DX 12 version.
- Fixed horizon-based environment jamming. Players who previously disabled Ambient Occlusion will need to do so again. You can find it in Options → Video → Graphics.
- Fixed an issue where the My Rewards section was not localized in REDlauncher.
- Fixed a flickering landscape issue in Toussaint that occurred when NVIDIA HairWorks was disabled.
- Fixed an issue with particle optimization that could cause temporary stuttering.
- Improved performance mode on next-gen consoles.
- Fixed an issue where characters could become slightly blurry during dialogue and cutscenes on PlayStation 5.
- Fixed an issue with memory usage in Ray Tracing mode that could cause Xbox Series X to crash.
- Whatever a man sows… – The game will no longer crash if Geralt runs away from Shani after starting a conversation on next-gen consoles.
- Fixed an issue where quick saves could not be loaded when using cross-progress on Xbox One.
- Added two missing “Highest Level Swords”. on previous generation consoles.
- Fixed an issue with manual save overwrite where in some cases the oldest game cache was deleted on PlayStation 5.
- Addressed performance issues in Beauclair and Novigrad that occurred after loading games.
VISUAL – PC and Next-Gen Exclusive
- Improved immersion of water appearances by adding refraction to SSR and ray-traced reflections.
- Fixed a visual issue with brick textures where black artifacts covered stone arches.
- Added Motion Blur slider. It can be found in Options → Video → Graphics.
QUESTS & GAMEPLAY – Available on all platforms
- Combat preparations – Fixed the lack of a dialogue option that would trigger the quest during the “Let Avallac’h know that everything is ready” objective.
- State reason – Fixed an issue where the warehouse door could become permanently closed if the player knocked, entered, and immediately exited the building.
- Scavenger Hunt. Cat School Gear Upgrade Diagrams Part 1 – Fixed an issue where the quest could remain active even after charts were looted.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to start New Game+ with an incompatible save would prevent the player from starting expansions in standalone mode until the game restarts.
LOCALIZATION – Available on all platforms
- Fixed an issue with the Korean localization of Ciri’s and Geralt’s Gwent card descriptions.
- Arabic localization punctuation issues fixed.
- An updated traditional Chinese font.
Source: The Witcher 3