A colorful, casual meal that’s surprisingly easy to make.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Sweet Potatoes Oven Roasted Potatoes
- 4 large low-sodium sweet potatoes (yams)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper spice mix
- 1 can (14.75 oz) pink or sockeye salmon
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 8 crackers, unsalted tops (like salt), crushed
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 2 egg whites from 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- 4 whole wheat loaves
- 8 leaves of Bibb lettuce
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, sliced
- Place oven rack in center, preheat oven to 425°F.
- Wash and grate sweet potatoes, cut lengthwise.
- In a large bowl, toss the potato wedges with the canola oil and seasonings.
- Spread on the cookie sheet. Roast in the oven, turning occasionally, until tender and golden brown, about 30-40 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, make the salmon burgers. Drain the salmon, place in a medium mixing bowl and toss to coat.
- Add green onions and red peppers, crushed crackers, lemon juice, egg whites and yogurt.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat
- Cook the salmon burgers until golden brown, flip and continue cooking until the other side is golden brown.
- Serve the burgers with sliced tomatoes and carrots and sweet potato fries.
Recipe by What’s Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl.
Amount per serving
|Total fat 14 g|
|Saturated fats 2 g|
|Cholesterol 45 mg|
|Sodium 590 mg|
|Total carbohydrates 69 g|
|Dietary fiber 11 g|
|Sugars 19 g|
|Added sugars 3 g|
|Proteins 25 g|
|Vitamin D 10 mcg|
|Calcium 250 mg|
|iron 4 mg|
|Potassium 2025 mg|
*Percent daily values are included where available. They are based on 2000
calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your caloric needs.