- 1 pound of salmon fillets
- 1 lemon, juice
- Beau Monde Seasoning or any seasoning you like to taste
- 1 cup quinoa, drained
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cups minced arugula
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- Dash sea salt
Prepare the salmon.
- Preheat oven to 375°F or preheat grill to medium.
- Brush both sides of salmon with lemon juice and sprinkle with Beau Monde seasoning. Arrange the salmon in a large baking dish or place directly on the grill.
- Bake or grill the salmon until cooked through, about 25 minutes in the oven or 10 minutes on the grill.
Prepare the quinoa.
- Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low and simmer until quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes. Let the quinoa cool, then add the tomatoes and arugula and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and salt. Add the yogurt mixture to the quinoa salad and toss to combine.
- To serve, place a small (4 oz.) piece of salmon on top of some salad. (Salmon can be served hot or cold over a salad.)
Recipe by What’s Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl.
Amount per serving
|Total fat 18 g|
|Saturated fats 2 g|
|Cholesterol 61 mg|
|Sodium 169 mg|
|Total carbohydrates 38 g|
|Dietary fiber 5 g|
|Sugars 5 g|
|Added sugars 0 g|
|Proteins 33 g|
|Vitamin D 0 mcg|
|Calcium 80 mg|
|iron 3 mg|
|Potassium 862 mg|
*Percent daily values are included where available. They are based on 2000
calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your caloric needs.