If you have crepe expectations for Shrove Tuesday, you’re in for a treat to beat trust us our pancake plate ticks all the boxes. Build your board with Food Optimized Pancakes and lots of Free Food to create a sumptuous spread for your family and friends and get ready for fantastic weight loss results.
How to make Slimming World Pancakes
1½ Syns per pancake
ready in 25 minutes (plus 20 minutes standing)
What you need.
2 large eggs
230 ml plain unsweetened almond drink
1 level teaspoon sweetener granules, plus 1 level teaspoon for serving
1 tsp vanilla extract
50 g of porridge oats
1 level air conditioner
50 g self-rising flour
low calorie cooking spray
What are you doing:
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C/fan 130°C/gas 2.
2. Separate the eggs into 2 mixing bowls and whisk the almond syrup, sweetener and vanilla extract into the yolks with a fork. Mix oats and baking powder and leave for 20 minutes.
3. Sift the flour over the oat mixture and fold it. Beat the egg whites to soft peaks and gently fold into the oats using a large metal spoon.
4. Spray a large nonstick skillet with low-calorie cooking spray and place over medium heat. When it’s hot, add a few large spoonfuls of the batter, spaced well apart (you’re aiming to make 12 pancakes in total). Cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on top and undersides are nicely golden. Flip the pancakes and cook for another 2 minutes. Place them on a plate, cover with a clean tea towel and keep warm in the oven while you prepare the rest.
MORE ON THE BLOG. Check out our step-by-step recipe for the perfect pancakes
Create your pancake plate board
Now it’s time to assemble your plate.
You can create your board using any pancake toppings that interest you. We’ve used mostly free food ingredients to keep ours slim and safe;
- chopped fresh peaches and strawberries
- sliced lemon
- a bowl of natural yogurt sprinkled with cinnamon
- cooked lean back bacon (visible fat removed)
- boiled egg
- maple syrup (2 Syns per level tablespoon)
Prepare our latest Slimming World recipes:
Slimming World Fruit ‘n’ Nut Balls
Apple and blackberry tea
Slimming World Air Fryer Recipes
Pink hot chocolate
FOR MORE MEMBERS:
From sweet blackberry drops to delicious Japanese-style pancakes, you’ll find Pancake Day recipe packs on our members-only app and website.