Revelation. This post (probably) contains affiliate links. If you click on one, I can make a small commission. Of course, this will be at no extra cost to you and helps maintain this site.
It’s been a while since I last mentioned this, so I thought it might be a good timer for a reminder. A few years ago I was partnering with some good people GPSMyCity: to convert my city guides for their travel articles app.
This meant you could download my blog articles to your phone, ready to use while you explore, and even a bonus option to subscribe to the GPS-enabled map included with it. With the benefit of a GPS-enabled map, you can see what landmarks and attractions are listed in the article and where they are in relation to you. It’s really a virtual tour by you.
At first I had about 25 articles available through their app, but we haven’t stopped since. In fact, a whole bunch of new articles have been added to the GPSMyCity app this Monday, meaning you can find more than 150: my various articles there.
It’s another way to use my blog, but also a way to support my blog if you find these articles helpful. There you will find city guides from Taiwan, Spain, Malaysia and Bosnia Herzegovina. My most recent articles include:
With international travel coming back in full force, GPSMyCity decided the time was right for another one gift!
For the next week starting today (until May 29th) the first 10 people to redeem the code 28040522 Will he get it? premium annual membership app that can be used on up to 2 devices. To claim this gift you need to:
- download the GPSmyCity app
- go to the Account screen to register a GPSmyCity user account
- then go to the “More” screen and “Feedback” to send us an email
- send an email through the app including the claim code 28040522
- After receiving your email, the premium membership will be activated in your account.
Premium membership will unlock GPS-enabled maps for map articles, allowing you to easily take self-guided city tours. Of course, you can always go with the free version, which has all the information, just no GPS-enabled map to help you get from A to B, which is very convenient.
How to get started?
You can access GPS-guided travel articles in two different ways:
- click on the link above for the article you’re interested in (if you haven’t already downloaded the free GPSMyCity app, you’ll see a prompt to do so). After downloading the app, you will be directed to an article where you can select UPGRADE to get the GPS guided version.
- From the GPSMyCity app, you can browse by city to see which articles are available.
You can download any article for free or upgrade for offline GPS-guided use.
Have questions about the GPSMyCity app? Leave them in the comments below.
Disclaimer. If you decide to purchase an update and use my articles, I will receive a portion of the payment as the original author.