Ecommerce Podcasts Walmart Marketplace
In this episode, Michael shares his inspiring journey from 16-year-old online seller to owner of a successful brand that thrives on Amazon, Walmart.com, and retail stores nationwide.
In episode 333 of the AM/PM Podcast, Kevin and Michael discuss:
- 01:25 – Registration for Helium 10 Elite will close soon.
- 02:10 – Michael started selling online in 10th grade
- 03:25 – How did he learn to sell on Amazon?
- 05:25 – Meet Michael’s mentors
- 07:45 – Going to school in the morning and doing business at night
- 08:50 – Talking about Michael’s first product
- 10:00 – How does a young entrepreneur finance his business?
- 12:00 – Laundry basket fiasco. challenges on his next product
- 14:30 – Getting out of a sticky situation and what lessons he learned
- 16:35 – Professional tip. Use lawyers to investigate trademarks and patents
- 17:45 – What happened next on Michael’s Amazon trip?
- 20:30 – Expanding its products in various markets in the US
- 21:00 – How Michael found an opportunity to sell on Walmart.com and in retail stores
- 22:50 – Going from e-commerce to retail is a big change
- 25:15 – “One mistake can be big in retail”
- 26:15 – Why was Michael so successful at Walmart.com?
- 31:30 – Is it a requirement to package your product differently?
- 33:40 – Walmart Open Call. what is it and how did he get into it?
- 38:30 – Discussing marketing strategies when entering Walmart retail stores
- 41:40 – predicted retail sales vs. e-commerce sales
- 42:46 – “You do well in one retailer, the rest want you”
- 45:30 – Press releases when launching your product
- 51:00 – Kevin’s first experience with the press 30 years ago
- 55:30 – How to reach Michael Lebhar
- 56:30 – This week’s golden section tip from Kevin
Click here to view the original web page at www.ampmpodcast.com