Marketing Podcast with Russell Henneberry
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Russell Hanberry. He isrenowned digital marketing expert, digital marketing consultant, speaker and co-author of Digital Marketing for Dummies.
He is the founder of theCLIKK, an e-newsletter about digital marketing. Russ also consults and trains employees of companies through his Digital Advisor program.
Take the key.
Newsletters are back, combining email marketing with content marketing and direct response promotion. By building trust, educating, and entertaining, newsletters can nurture and connect with subscribers by creating engaging content and effective calls to action. It’s important to have a voice to attract and retain subscribers depending on your business niche and not rely entirely on AI to create content and maintain the human touch.
Questions I ask Russell Henneberry:
- [01:52] How have you seen newsletters evolve? What do you see in space in general?
- [03:40] Now there are different newsletters like on LinkedIn or behind paywalls. Do you see them as approaches that will be with us for a long time, or do you think the classic newsletter approach still works today?
- [04:53] Getting subscribers is one thing, but then keeping them because they’re worth reading is another. What is your editorial strategy?
- [07:00] How do you differentiate your content based on someone who is in a potential buying situation?
- [09:42] Was there a point in time when you decided to use newsletters to fit your business model, or did you start as a standard digital marketing tactic?
- [11:10] What are some ways to monetize newsletters?
- [14:58] What are some metrics that show you’re doing things right?
- [17:02] What approach would you recommend to someone for making a list?
- [20:20] Do you feel you have a different relationship as an advertiser because of the relationship you have with your readers?
- [21:34] How has AI impacted content production?
More about Russell Henneberry.
More about Agency Certification Intensive Training.
Take a marketing assessment.
Do you like this show? Click above and give us a review on iTunes please.
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
The HubSpot Podcast Network is an audio destination for business professionals looking for the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.