Perfect for a cozy Friday night Italian turkey meatballs in front of the TV with roaring fires, the dogs telling us what to do to mischief. This dish is so delicious and healthy and beats any…
- 2 pounds (900g) ground turkey breast
- 2 cups (230 g) mozzarella cheese, grated
- ½ cup (50 g) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon herbs de Provence (or mixed herbs)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 cup (250 ml) tomato sauce (passata)
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, onion powder, garlic, herbs, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and chili flakes.
- Form meatballs about the size of walnuts from the mass and arrange them in a deep lining that cannot be kept in the oven. Place the dish in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through. Remove meatballs from oven and drain excess oil.
- Now pour the tomato sauce and top with the remaining 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese. Return the dish to the oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serving offer. Serve with noodles to keep the dish low carb. If adding carbs, serve with whole grain rice or whole grain rice pasta.
Member of Parliament