Good morning from Maine where the sun is shining as I sip my second cup of coffee of the day. Yes, at 5:07 I drink my second cup. That’s what happens when you have small children and a puppy. As for the puppies, ours is our first meeting with the trainer this morning. We are all excited about it. I hope you have something fun and interesting to do this weekend.
The only thing I’m not looking forward to this weekend is the swarms of black flies I’ll encounter when I’m standing on my bike mowing the lawn. In Maine, May is defined by the transition from cold and wet days to warm days filled with swarms of biting black flies (mosquitoes).
These were the most popular posts of the week.
1. 71 Google Slides Tutorials for Teachers and Students
2. A fun augmented reality app for spelling practice
3. Science of horticulture
4. How sound is created by wind instruments
5. Here’s how to merge images in Google Slides
6. Three ViewPure alternatives for distraction-free YouTube viewing
7. Seven Simple Steps to Creating Videos in Your Classroom
Self-paced courses you can start today!
Workshops and keynotes
- The Practical Ed Tech Newsletter is published every Sunday evening / Monday morning. It contains my favorite tips of the week and the most popular posts of the week Free Technology for Teachers.
- My YouTube channel has over 45,000 subscribers who watch my short tutorial videos on a wide variety of educational technology tools.
- I’m on Twitter as @rmbyrne: for fifteen years.
- I update my LinkedIn profile once or twice a week.
- The Free Technology for Teachers Facebook page features new and old posts from this blog throughout the week.
- If you’re interested in my life outside of education, you can follow me on Strava.
This post originally appeared on FreeTech4Teachers.com. If you see it elsewhere, it has been used without permission. Featured image shot by Richard Byrne.