This flank steak marinade easy to make and packed with 7 flavorful ingredients. Use it to marinate any flank steak. Enjoy!
Go to the edge steak marinade
Let’s make our ready steak marinade. It’s combined with just 7 easy-to-find ingredients and marinates this affordable cut of beef to tender and flavorful perfection. Use this marinade on everything from grilled steak to flank steak tacos.
Why marinate your steak?
Refine. marinating your steaks in a citrus and/or vinegar based product will help tenderize the meat. Perfect for flank steak.
Add taste this marinade will infuse your beef with tons of juicy flavors, complementing the steak’s natural flavor.
Versatile. use this steak marinade for a classic grilled steak or turn them into our amazing steak burritos.
Marinade flank steak ingredients
- Worcestershire sauce. Many steak marinades contain Worcestershire, and this flank steak marinade does, too. Because it’s a vinegar-based sauce with ingredients like anchovies, garlic, and tamarind, it makes a salty sauce that pairs perfectly with steak.
- Balsamic vinegar. Not only does balsamic vinegar add sweetness without adding sugar, but the acid in the vinegar helps break down the meat to promote tenderness.
- Minced garlic. Adding fresh garlic to any marinade adds so much flavor. We do not recommend substituting garlic powder.
- Olive oil. olive oil binds all the ingredients in the steak marinade.
- Fresh lemon juice. a little lemon juice lightens this marinade and helps tenderize the steak before cooking.
- Cracked peppercorns. We recommend using freshly cracked peppercorns in this marinade to infuse the steak with an amazing peppery flavor.
- Kosher salt. salt is needed to help tenderize the meat as it marinates.
How to make a flank steak marinade
- Combine. just combine all the ingredients in a bowl or container and stir to combine.
- Marinate. Place your steak in a dish or large gallon size bag and pour the marinade over it. Make sure all sides are nice and covered.
- Let him sit. Let the steak marinate for at least 30 minutes or as long as overnight. Refrigerate steak if marinating for longer than 30 minutes.
How long should steaks be marinated?
We recommend marinating the steak for at least 2 hours or as long as overnight. The longer you marinate the steak, the more tender your steak will be. Unlike salmon, you can marinate the steak a little longer without cooking the steak in lemon juice.
Is flank steak a good cut of meat?
I’m sure you’ve heard that flank steak is a tough cut of meat, and in some cases it can be. It can be tough and chewy because it’s a very lean cut of beef, but when properly tenderized and flavored, flank steak is super flavorful and tender.
Do not bypass the meat tenderizer. Not only is it important to grind the flank steak so it’s the same thickness and cooks evenly, but it also helps tenderize the steak so it’s not so tough.
Use the textured side of the meat tenderizer to pound the flank steak until it is the same thickness. Don’t be afraid to put some elbow grease into it 😀
Allow enough time for marinating. at a minimum, allow your flank steak to marinate for at least 30 minutes. But please know that the longer the steak marinates, the more tender it will be. Feel free to prepare your flank steak and let it marinate in the fridge overnight.
Double or triple to serve a crowd. Because this marinade is made with a short list of simple ingredients, it can easily be doubled or tripled if you’re serving steak for a crowd.
Internal temperature of the steak
Everyone is different when it comes to how they like their steak. We’re big fans of a medium-rare steak, but check the internal temperature of your steak when it’s almost done.
Medium rare. 140ºF
Well done. 165ºF
Remember, as your steak rests after cooking, the internal temperature will continue to rise about 5ºF.
Combine all steak marinade ingredients in a small bowl or Pyrex bowl and whisk to combine.
Then pour the marinade over the steaks, remove as much air as possible and seal the bag. Pour the marinade over, making sure it coats the steaks.
Refrigerate steaks and let marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
When you’re ready to cook your steaks, follow our How to Grill a Steak post or use any method you prefer.
Tips & Notes:
Nutritional information does not include steak.