Welcome to the April 2023 edition of Fit Foodie Cooking Club! This month we are making one of the best spring recipes. street corn pasta salad.
What is Fit Foodie Cooking Club?
Fit Foodie Cooking Club is a monthly cooking challenge that will introduce you to cooking from scratch in the kitchen.
We thought there was no better way to bring our virtual community together than to make the same recipe every month to celebrate real food.
Join the club!
Fit Foodie Cooking Club
Be the first to know about the recipe of the month + get other Fit Foodie Cooking Club announcements delivered straight to your inbox.
April 2023 – Details
Read the details below A LOT carefully because we want to make sure your entry counts. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments of this post.
Recipe of the Month: Street Corn Pasta Salad
This Mexican-inspired street corn salad recipe is a fusion of macaroni salad and elote. Combined, they make a wicked Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad recipe that is seriously so good at any party or gathering.
Why will you like it?
Serves the crowd
Easy to prepare
All about Street Corn Pasta Salad
Ingredients you will need:
- Pasta. The best type of pasta salad noodles are shorter/bite size. Feel free to choose your favorite.
- CornThe corn is the star of the show. We have made this with both frozen corn and fresh corn.
- Pepperany color bell pepper works.
- Greek yogurtGreek yogurt is thick and creamy. Be sure to use plain Greek.
- Acidicsour cream gives the sauce a delicious tang.
- Lime juicecitrus adds brightness to this salad.
- Red onionSimply minced red onion is perfect in street corn pasta salad.
- SpicesSpices needed for the sauce include chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.
Types of corn you can use
Frozen corn. Frozen corn is definitely the easiest corn to use for this recipe.
Grilled corn. Roasted corn is the tastiest, but it takes the most work. Honestly, it’s worth it if you have the time to use fresh corn.
Canned corn. Don’t have frozen or fresh corn? Use canned corn. Just make sure to dry and wash it.
Tools you need
A few tips
Add protein: top with any of your favorite cooked proteins to complete this meal.
Add more vegetables/beans. do you have more vegetables in your fridge? Try adding tomatoes, green onions, black beans, hominy or jalapenos.
Turn on the noodles. don’t limit yourself to conchili noodles. Feel free to use what you have or what you like.
How to enter?
Now that you know how to make the recipe, it’s time to present your creation.
- Go to Street Corn Pasta Salad blog post.
- Make the recipe and take a photo of it.
- Leave a comment Street Corn Pasta Salad a blog post with a photo of your creation letting people know how it turned out. We would like a star rating, but it is not required. Be sure to leave your name and email in the comment form as this is how we will contact the winners.
Join the Fit Cooking Club on Facebook.
Join the Fit Foodie Facebook fun and become a member of our FREE Facebook Group! The Fit Foodie Cooking Club Facebook group is a way to share your culinary creations and make new like-minded friends online.
Sunday, April 2, 2023 – the first day you are eligible to submit an entry.
Tuesday, April 25, 2023 – Last day to submit your photo and comment.
Wednesday, April 26, 2023 – Winners will be chosen at random and announced on this blog and social media.
2 participants will win a $100 lululemon gift card. Selection will be random and based on comments received between April 2 and April 25, 2023.
Winners will be announced on the last Wednesday of the month (April 26, 2023) via social media and blog post.
Charity of the Month
Each month we choose a different charity to support. This month we’re giving away Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation because we believe that addiction is a disease that can be managed and overcome.
The Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is a force for healing and hope for individuals, families and communities affected by substance use and mental health conditions. As the nation’s leading nonprofit provider of comprehensive behavioral health care, Hazelden Betty Ford leads the way in helping society rise above stigma and overcome addiction.
We would love for you to support our monthly charity and donate what you can.
If you feel so inclined, donate that Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation here.