Eat to burn total body fat and you’ll burn belly fat too. Cutting out foods like sugar and junk food will help burn belly fat and overall body fat quickly.
If you want long-term weight loss and fat loss, you need to watch what you eat and how much. Achieving your goals takes more than just hard work. It is important to eat enough, but not too much or too little. What you eat matters. Eating 1000 calories of healthy food is more efficient than 1000 calories of junk food.
Follow these nutrition tips and you’ll have a better chance of losing fat and weight and keeping it off.
1. Eat breakfast every day! Your body has fasted overnight. A good healthy breakfast helps boost your metabolism for the day. Eat small meals every 3-4 hours to keep your energy up and your metabolism going throughout the day.
Read also: Fat burning abdominal exercises
2. Plan and pack your meals for the day. So you’re more likely to stick to your diet plan. Include foods such as lean meats, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat diary, and nuts. Strictly limit all forms of sugar, fast food, and foods in a box or bag. Follow your diet at least 90% of the time.
3. Eat protein with every meal. Protein helps you feel fuller for longer (so you eat less) and repairs your muscles after a hard workout.
4. Carbs are not your enemy. Just eat the right kind, like fruits and vegetables. They are your body’s preferred source of energy (especially during exercise). It is important to have a diet that includes macronutrients (carbohydrates, proteins, fats).
The main cause of weight gain is a caloric surplus (eating more calories than you burn). There are some instances where carb cycling can be a great fat burning strategy. But, first you need to master the basics of nutrition.
5. Build muscle and burn fat to make your body lean and toned. Don’t skip your post-workout meal. It’s important to help your body recover from intense exercise (especially weight training).
You don’t have to eat right after a workout (if you want to eat right after a workout, YOU DON’T EXERCISE TOO MUCH)! There is a 45 minute to 1 hour “window of opportunity” where refueling your body (carbs, protein, fat) will optimize your tissue repair and growth. If you miss this “window of opportunity”, it’s gone forever. A carb/protein shake will work well.
This can help. 30 day training regimen