We are looking for a reporter with experience in a fast-paced news environment, as well as experience covering corporate and markets.
The role will focus on China and Hong Kong, so a native level of Chinese is ideal and the ability to communicate news effectively and engagingly to English-speaking readers is essential.
You will also be called upon to report on other countries in Asia, so knowledge of other languages is desirable.
- A strong sense of urgency and a well-honed ability to distill market-moving news into press releases.
- Knowledge of Chinese and English. Knowledge of other languages is an advantage.
- Ability to deliver news effectively and engagingly.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Discover the highlights of major news releases, send headlines and quickly write stories and essential updates that will give professional investors the real-time news and analysis they need.
- Chase and break market-moving news and cover Asia’s stock markets in real-time, keeping a close eye on big moves in individual stocks and the factors driving them.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter describing how your skills, experience and interests match the requirements of the role. Please also submit five clips explaining what the stories show about your capabilities.
The magazine’s reporters, editors, developers, and audio and visual journalists create important and compelling stories that are firmly rooted in reality and adhere to the highest ethical standards. We report without fear or bias and maintain a sense of proper perspective, detachment and objectivity in our reporting.
To apply, visit here.