Succulent coconut fish curry is perfect for a Saturday night impromptu with your family. They’ll all love this, and if you’re not a fan of fish, replace the fish with free-range or organic chicken fillets. Everyone is a winner…
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp. curry powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. root ginger, grated
- 1.5lb (680g) cod, fresh OR 700g free range chicken
- 14 oz (400 ml) full-fat coconut milk
- 1 lime, juice
- 4 green onions (scallions), sliced, for garnish
- fresh coriander, chopped, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add red and green bell peppers and onions, season with salt and pepper and fry for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and cook for another 1 minute, stirring constantly. Now add the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Place the cod fillets on top of the cooked vegetables or stuff them into the vegetables and pour over the coconut milk.
- Cover the pot and bring to the boil before reducing the heat and simmering gently for 20 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
- Taste the sauce and season with a little more salt and pepper if necessary. Squeeze in lime juice, garnish with chopped green onions and cilantro. Serve immediately.
- Serving offer. Serve with white rice or couscous
GF – gluten free
DF – Dairy free
LC – low carbohydrate (20 g serving)
MP – Cooking – Refrigeration
HP – high protein