Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy S22 Update Center. Here you will find the latest information about updates for the Samsung Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22 Plus and Galaxy S22 Ultra. We’ll detail the current software versions for each device and alert you if there’s a new update. Samsung usually releases updates for the entire series, but this may vary by version and carrier.
All three Galaxy S22 series phones launched with Android 12 and Samsung’s One UI 4.1 skin. Samsung will offer four major Android OS updates for the Galaxy S22, S22 Plus and S22 Ultra. The company also guarantees five years of security updates for all devices.
- Current stable version: Android 13:
- When will the Galaxy S22, S22 Plus and S22 Ultra get Android 14? December 2023 (estimated)
Samsung Galaxy S22, S22 Plus and S22 Ultra latest updates
May 22, 2023. The Samsung Galaxy S22 series is now being updated with the May security software, which has firmware version S901USQS2CWE1. Apart from improving the security of S22 phones, it also brings some stability improvements as well as bug fixes.
To check if an update is available for your device, visit Settings >: software refresh and click Download and install.
Previous Samsung Galaxy S21 series updates
- April 6, 2023. The Samsung Galaxy S22 series has received the April security patch with firmware version S90xU1UES2CWCC. It fixed 64 security flaws found in Galaxy devices.
- March 9, 2023. The Samsung Galaxy S22 series has been updated with the March security update, which has firmware S90xBXXU3CWBE and weighs around 350 MB. Apart from improving the security of S22 phones, it also brought some stability improvements as well as bug fixes.
- February 13, 2023. The One UI 5.1 update that first rolled out with the Galaxy S23 series has come to the Galaxy S22 series with firmware version S90xBXXU3CWAI. It weighed in at 2GB and brought features like Expert RAW integration, new widgets, and more.
- December 13, 2022. December 2022 security update hits Galaxy S22 phones SamMobile: reports. The update has firmware S908EXXU2BVKM.
- November 17, 2022. While the last update brought Android 13 to the Galaxy S22 series, this new update brings the November security update (via SamMobile:) Firmware version S901USQU2BVK1 fixes about four dozen security issues.
- October 31, 2022. About a week after European users reported receiving the Android 13-based One UI 5 update, SamMobile: reports that unlocked Galaxy S22 models in the US are also getting the update. The update appears to have firmware version S90xU1UEU2BVJA and still offers the October 2022 security patch.
- October 24, 2022. Redditors and: Twitter users reports that the Galaxy S22 series is now getting stable One UI 5 based on Android 13. The update reportedly comes with firmware S90xBXXU2BVJA and weighs in at just under 3GB. This seemed to be limited to the Exynos models.
- September 29, 2022. Samsung has reportedly rolled out the October security patch for the Galaxy S22, S22 Plus and S22 Ultra. The program carries firmware version S90XU1UES2AVI5.
- September 1, 2022. Samsung has released the One UI 4.1.1 update for the Galaxy S22 series. Agreed SamMobile:, the update has been rolled out to carrier-unlocked Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22 Plus, and Galaxy S22 Ultra models in the US. It came with firmware version S90xUSQU2AVHB.
- August 29, 2022 Samsung announced a camera-based update. The update has firmware S901NKSU2AVHB, S906NKSU2AVHB and S906NKSU2AVHB. It provides improved video stabilization, better night mode shooting, 3x telephoto camera support when using Hyperlapse mode, improved HDR, and more.
- July 28, 2022. Samsung’s 2022 flagship line received the August 2022 security patch in late July. SamMobile: reported that the update had arrived in Europe and had a firmware version number of S90xBXXU2AVG6.
- July 11, 2022. The Galaxy S22 phones have reportedly received the July 2022 security patch in the US. This update appeared to contain firmware S908USQU2AVF7 and S908U1UEU2AVF7 for locked and unlocked devices respectively.
- June 4, 2022. The Samsung Galaxy S22 series has received the July 2022 security update with firmware version S90xEXXU2AVF9 in Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand.
- June 10, 2022. Samsung has released an update with firmware version S90*NKSU1AVF1, according to a Korean forum post. This 1.7GB update provided camera improvements including sharpness/contrast tweaks, a Single Take fix, and video memory adjustments.
- June 2, 2022. Samsung has rolled out the latest security patch for its flagship series (via SamMobile:) The update came in at 1.7GB in size, indicating that it should have a lot of bug fixes and possibly some new features as well.
- May 17, 2022. Samsung has already rolled out its May 2022 update for the Galaxy S22 series, which included the May security patch. However, it looks like Samsung isn’t done there, as a new update, firmware S90xEXXU2AVE4, is now rolling out (via SamMobile:)
- April 25, 2022. Although we’re still in April, Samsung is already pushing out the May 2022 Android security patch to the Galaxy S22 series (via S90xEXXS2AVDD). Specifically, the patch seems to be for the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 variants. So far, the update has been spotted in India, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Sri Lanka, though it’s likely to roll out elsewhere soon.
- April 21, 2022 After rolling out an exclusive Exynos update yesterday, Samsung is now pushing another update to its Galaxy S22 lineup, according to Samsung’s Korean community forums (via Tizen Help:) The update has firmware version number S90xNKSS1AVDC, S90xNOKR1AVDC, or S90xNKSU1AVD8 and weighs about 636 MB.
- April 20, 2022. According to users on Reddit and Samsung’s European community forum, Samsung has released an update for the Exynos-powered S22 series phones. The update has firmware version number S90xBXXU1AVDA or S90xBOXM1AVDA and weighs about 485 MB. The update also comes with the April 2022 security patch.
- April 4, 2022. Samsung has released an update for the Snapdragon-powered Galaxy S22 series (firmware S90xEXXU1AVCJ). This weighed in at 1.5GB and also brought the April 2022 security patch. The update hit Exynos phones a few days ago.
- March 14, 2022. Samsung is now rolling out a hotfix for the Galaxy S22 series game crash issue. The latest firmware carries firmware S90xxXXu1AVC6 for Galaxy S22 models with Exynos 2200 processor.
- February 24, 2022. Samsung has released the Day 1 update for the Galaxy S22 series (via SamMobile:) The firmware for the update is S90xEXXU1AVB3. Samsung said it is fixing more than 60 security issues and vulnerabilities.
Which Samsung Galaxy S22 update are you using? Let us know in the comments. Also, if you spot an OTA that we haven’t detected, let us know.
If you’re looking for a different update, be sure to visit our Android 12 update tracker.